- Navigate through the complexities of delivering modern networking services with practical techniques and solutions
- Build robust software defined networks and solve real-world problems involving challenges with next generation networks
- Discover the best practices used by top industry professionals for network-related architecture, services, and applications and secure your networks
As IT infrastructures become more software-defined, networking operations tend to be more automated with falling levels of manual configuration at the hardware level. Building Modern Networks will brush up your knowledge on the modern networking concepts and help you apply them to your software-defined infrastructure.
In this book you'll gain the knowledge necessary to evaluate, choose, and deploy a next generation network design. We will cover open and closed network operating systems (NOS) along with the protocols used to control them such as OpenFlow, Thrift, Opflex, and REST. You will also learn about traffic engineering and security concepts for NGNs. You will also find out how to fine-tune your network using QoS and QoE.
By the end of the book, you'll be well versed in simplifying the way you design, build, operate, and troubleshoot your network.
What you will learn
- Understand Traditional Network Challenges to match modern applications requirements
- Find out all about Next Generation Networks (NGN)
- Explore the different APIs used to control NGN devices
- Understand the different software controllers available to manage NGN hardware
- Design a next generation network
About the Author
Steven Noble has been working on computer networks for over 25 years. He has designed, built, and installed networks for companies such as Foundation Health and Exodus Communications. Steven has spent significant time in the open source community and is the President of the Board of the Network Device Education Foundation (NetDEF) focusing on Quagga, an open source routing stack and network testing. Steven has held roles from network engineer to CTO and is currently working at Big Switch Networks as an Open Networking Evangelist.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting started with NGN
Chapter 2. Networking Hardware and Software
Chapter 3. Exploring OpenFlow
Chapter 4. Thrift and REST APIs
Chapter 5. Using Postman for REST API calls
Chapter 6. OpenFlow deep dive
Chapter 7. VMWare NSX
Chapter 8. ACI
Chapter 9. Where to startwhen building a NGN
Chapter 10. Designing a NGN
Chapter 11. Example NGN Designs
Chapter 12. Quality of Service
Chapter 13. Securing the Network
BY NOW from this link https://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/B01N4W92SC