Create real-time stream processing applications with Apache Storm
About This Book
- Integrate Storm with other Big Data technologies like Hadoop, HBase, and Apache Kafka
- Explore log processing and machine learning using Storm
- Step-by-step and easy-to-understand guide to effortlessly create applications with Storm
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Java developer who wants to enter into the world of real-time stream processing applications using Apache Storm, then this book is for you. No previous experience in Storm is required as this book starts from the basics. After finishing this book, you will be able to develop not-so-complex Storm applications.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the core concepts of Apache Storm and real-time processing
- Deploy Storm in the local and clustered modes
- Design and develop Storm topologies to solve real-world problems
- Read data from external sources such as Apache Kafka for processing in Storm and store the output into HBase and Redis
- Create Trident topologies to support various message-processing semantics
- Monitor the health of a Storm cluster
Starting with the very basics of Storm, you will learn how to set up Storm on a single machine and move on to deploying Storm on your cluster. You will understand how Kafka can be integrated with Storm using the Kafka spout.
You will then proceed to explore the Trident abstraction tool with Storm to perform stateful stream processing, guaranteeing single message processing in every topology. You will move ahead to learn how to integrate Hadoop with Storm. Next, you will learn how to integrate Storm with other well-known Big Data technologies such as HBase, Redis, and Kafka to realize the full potential of Storm.
Finally, you will perform in-depth case studies on Apache log processing and machine learning with a focus on Storm, and through these case studies, you will discover Storm's realm of possibilities.